As a Staff Engineer, you are a technical leader in the organization. You will organize, lead and implement strategically important projects and systems. You will expertly design and implement scalable, distributed, fault tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
You will lead technical decisions in your team and the chapter by demonstrating expert judgement and the ability to build consensus in the organization. You approach technical decisions strategically and and are able to describe, analyze and convince others about technical trade offs and decisions. You work with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify strategically important cross functional problems and take the lead in find the solutions.
You improve the pod, the engineering team and the company. You can lead initiatives and meetings in the engineering organization and are able to help your teammates be better engineers through better processes, practices or technical guidance.
You are trusted to communicate the Engineering brand within and outside the company, both technically and culturally.
- CS degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years of industry experience or relevant postgraduate education
- Significant experience Java or Python and skill with object oriented design patterns
- Strong understanding of and experience with cloud infrastructure (GCP a plus)
- Strong understanding of how to ensure application security in the cloud
- Experience with scalable monitoring solutions (Prometheus, StackDriver, Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architecture for reliable distributed systems
- Experience with containerization and cluster management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Build and Deployment Tools (Maven, Bazel, Make, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience implementing solutions in alignment with the principles of CI/CD
About the Team
The mission of the Productivity team is to build solutions that enable everyone in the company to better achieve their goals. As our engineering team grows, so too must our infrastructure. We’re building a scalable CI/CD systems with Kubernetes via Google Cloud that allows teams to continuously deploy their services. We’re developing in-house tools to help manage and create new services and provide an infrastructure for on-demand, ephemeral environments. We’re also engineering metrics solutions (with the help of Prometheus) to handle real-time monitoring for our 18 billion (and growing) daily events.
In addition to engineering needs, we service other teams through our internal Admin Dashboard and other in-house solutions such as our automated, intelligent account discovery for Salesforce.
We are the “meta-engineering” that makes employees’ lives easier and bring the building blocks for all of Leanplum’s solutions to life. Join us in building scalable solutions for our deployment, monitoring, and operations.