As a Staff Engineer, you are a technical leader in the organization. You will organize, lead and implement strategically important projects and systems. You will expertly design and implement scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems that satisfy complex requirements.
You will lead technical decisions in your team and the chapter by demonstrating expert judgment and the ability to build consensus in the organization. You approach technical decisions strategically and are able to describe, analyze and convince others about technical tradeoffs and decisions. You work with a diverse set of stakeholders to identify strategically important cross-functional problems and take the lead in finding the solutions.
You improve the pod, the engineering team, and the company. You can lead initiatives and meetings in the engineering organization and are able to help your teammates be better engineers through better processes, practices or technical guidance.
You are trusted to communicate the Engineering brand within and outside the company, both technically and culturally.
- A problem solver: You are scrappy, ingenious, and relentless in solving extremely complex problems.
- Customer focused: You are passionate about creating delightful user experiences and world class web apps used by enterprise customers.
- Balanced: You are comfortable and excited to develop novel solutions to hard problems, but your attention to detail motivates you to do the less glamorous work that leads to a stable, reliable product.
- Communicative: You are able to collaborate effectively with team members. You will work closely with other engineers, product managers and product designers to understand customer needs and build high quality products.
- High-energy, positive attitude: motivated to work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
About the Team
As an engineer on the End-User Experiences pod at Leanplum, you’ll have the opportunity to redefine what’s possible in relationship marketing. The mission of the End-User Experiences team (known internally as E2) is to enable marketers to effectively reach and engage their end-users at every touchpoint. We own everything from the message composition experience on the Leanplum dashboard to ensuring users are receiving the hundreds of millions of messages Leanplum sends to users everyday, across all platforms and devices. This includes building the open-sourced SDKs that are now installed on billions of devices, on platforms like Android, iOS, Unity and Web. Our products are some of the most visible and customer-facing of all teams in the company.